Monday, September 19, 2011

Footloose and Facebook Free...(again)

Being "Facebook Free" is a wonderful experience and I think more people should try it. It makes you realize just how much social networking has taken over the planet. I may sound like a bit of a hypocrite since I met my boyfriend on Facebook and we wouldn't be together had we not met there, but I've decided to get rid of it for good now.
People have told me how they can't get rid of it because they have family in other places and don't want to lose contact with old friends and I think that's a perfectly sound reason to keep your facebook. I'm not being jugemental, it's just what's best for me. There's too much drama with a lot of people I have on there as friends and I get sucked in to trying to help other people with their problems and I'm just done with it. Besides that, all my family are pretty much right here with me in my house and A and myself communicate mostly over email and Skype anyway so it's not too big of a deal. And, I have this blog so people can pop in and see how things are going with me. I'll try to write a bit each morning, hopefully. Post pictures some as well.
It really is freeing though. In many ways, it's my only link to people in my past. The only way those people could contact me would be through facebook and I really don't need them writing me random messages and drudging up things from the past. I have enough drama in my life with family things going on without all of that crap.
I still have email, my phone, this blog. The "old fashioned" way of communication. It's funny how quickly facebook has taken over the world, it really is. It's not even all that old, what a few years? maybe. Very interesting. Mark Zuckerberg has created a very, very addictive, wide-spreading form of virtual life.
I don't hold anything against anyone keep their facebook, this is a personal decision. No one need feel guilty, that's not what I'm getting at. It is very freeing and a wonderful feeling actually, I quite enjoy it. Feels like it's one less crowd of thought in my head. But then we all know I'm a bit batty ;)

Anyways. I will miss seeing what some of my friends will post, thats true, but I can live without all of that, I lived without it before it was around and I certainly can again.

And now, I am Footloose and Facebook Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment